Drive Electric Earth Day is an opportunity to highlight clean energy by including electric vehicles in your community's Earth Day celebration. Each event is led by local plug-in drivers and advocates and typically includes some combination of EV parades, ride-and-drives, electric tailgate parties, kids’ activities, great food, press conferences, award ceremonies, informational booths, and more. Plug In America, Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association serve as the national team providing support to the events throughout the country. We are pleased to partner with the many other organizations and individuals working to bring Drive Electric Earth Day to communities across the country.
This year, Drive Electric Week includes both in-person and online events, which we anticipate will reach an even wider, more diverse audience. There are a wide variety of opportunities for automakers, utilities, charging equipment manufacturers, environmental non-profits and government agencies to support, sponsor and participate at the national level as well as at local events.
At the national level, Drive Electric Earth Day is a collaboration between Plug In America, Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association. Supporting Drive Electric Earth Day at the national level helps support our work in organizing the national effort, coordinating communications nationally, building awareness, and supporting local events.
National sponsors can receive recognition on the web site, in press releases and through social media. Email the DEED national organizers via [sponsorship-2022 at driveelectricearthday dot org] for information on support levels and corresponding recognition programs.
National sponsorships can be facilitated through Plug In America, Sierra Club or the Electric Auto Association. Contact [sponsorship-2022 at driveelectricearthday dot org] for more information.
2021 National & Regional Sponsors
Electrify America Silver Level Sponsor
Enel X Silver Level Sponsor
BMW Bronze Level Sponsor
Edison International Bronze Level Sponsor
ACT News Community Partner Sponsor
Climate Action Reserve Community Partner Sponsor
Coalition for Clean Air Community Partner Sponsor
Drive Electric Tennessee Community Partner Sponsor
Electric For All Community Partner Sponsor
Electrification Coalition Community Partner Sponsor
Environment America Community Partner Sponsor
Forth Community Partner Sponsor
Fully Charged Community Partner Sponsor
Green Sports Alliance Community Partner Sponsor
Green Transportation Summit & Expo Community Partner Sponsor
Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator Community Partner Sponsor
2020 National & Regional Sponsors
Earth Day Canada International Event Sponsor
2019 National & Regional Sponsors
Our local events need sponsors, too. Local events are independently organized and event sponsorship opportunities will vary. Some examples of ways to help local events are:
- Provide an online or phyical event space.
- Promote Drive Electric Earth Day by issuing a press release, sending an email or mailing to customers, and/or trumpeting Drive Electric Earth Day on social media.
- Donate an item or service for a prize drawing in an online event.
- Donate funds, food or other items to help offset the costs of local events.
- Provide an online event speaker information at a local event's booth or table.
- Provide vehicles or charging units to showcase.
- Provide charging units for event participants to use to charge their vehicles.
- Provide vehicles for in-person or virtual test-drives.
To sponsor a local online or in-person event, use the event map to find the event(s) nearest you. Click on a pin to get basic info about the event and a link to that event's page. From any event page, use the Contact button to contact that event's organizers. If you want to support more than a few local events, contact [sponsorship-2022 at driveelectricearthday dot org] to arrange communications with the local event organizers.
Sponsors are encouraged to promote Drive Electric Earth Day and/or local events and may use the Drive Electric Earth Day logo and title as well as the logos of the national organizers subject to these conditions:
- The names and logos of sponsoring companies may, and should, be included on promotional and press materials. However, if the sponsor is an auto company that manufactures EVs and gas-powered vehicles, any reference to that company in event promotional materials should, whenever possible, be in conjunction with the name of the electric vehicle not just the automaker name. For example, "The Nissan LEAF" is preferred over just "Nissan."
- All promotional materials (press releases, posters, flyers, etc.) must include "Drive Electric Earth Day is presented by Plug In America, Sierra Club, and the Electric Auto Association" or a similar, substantially equivalent, statement. Web links and logos of the presenting organizations should be included when appropriate.
- The names of sponsoring companies may be included on local press releases in the form of quotes and factual information (like "General Motors participated in the event by providing test-rides of its Chevy Volts...").
- Corporate engagement cannot be described as a "partnership," as that word has other implications for our organizations.
Print-quality logo artwork is available for use on promotional materials.