Drive Electric Earth Day
Route Zero Kick Off Event
Santa Monica, CA
Apr 27, 2023
|Day:||Thursday, April 27, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||9:30 - 11:00 am PDT|
|Location:||Santa Monica Pier
200 Santa Monica Pier
Santa Monica, CA 90401
photo by: EV Association
Kickoff of Route Zero
Route Zero Kickoff Event
The Route Zero Relay will kick off at the Santa Monica Pier—an iconic stop on the historic Route 66.
Ed Begley, Jr. will be speaking along with Jess Phoenix, UCS scientist and public officials.
Santa Monica Pier
April 27th 10 am
We are on a path to a zero-emission future in the United States, which is being spurred on by historic investments in charging infrastructure, battery manufacturing, and tax incentives for consumers to make the transition to electric and hybrid vehicles.
To highlight this moment in our history, and the importance of reducing transportation pollution to protect public health and address the climate crisis, organizations across the country are mobilizing in support of investments and standards to reduce emissions from the transportation sector and transition to a zero emission fleet.
The Route Zero Relay will travel across the country along parts of the iconic Route 66 and in other important sites, uplifting stories from Americans about how they would benefit from reduced tailpipe pollution and cleaner air, where they see opportunities for vehicle electrification, how cities and towns are proactively working toward vehicle electrification.
The launch event feat local elected leaders and clean car advocates, followed by a meetup of organizations, businesses and private owners with their EVs on display.
EV Meetup Arrival Time: Park between 9:00 AM to 9:30 AM
Press Conference Start Time: 10:00 AM
Directions to Parking and EV Meetup Location: Attendees of the press conference and the EV Meetup are encouraged to park in the Lot 1 North beach parking area. Directions are below:
● Parking for the event will be located at: Santa Monica Pier - Beach Parking Lot 1 North: 1550 Pacific Coast Highway Santa Monica, 90401
● Directions to parking area:
○ From I-10 West: Exit 1-A to 4th & 5th streets, stay in the right lane to make a right on 4th Street at the light. Make the first left on Colorado Boulevard and drive straight until you hit Ocean Ave. Turn left onto Ocean Ave. Make a right on Seaside Terrace – this is a small side street after the traffic light onto Pacific Coast Highway. Take the next right on Appian Way – this will take you to Lot 1 North on the other side of the Pier.
○ From Pacific Coast Highway South: If you are driving to Santa Monica on the Pacific Coast Highway, you can enter Lot 1 North by the beach directly from PCH. When approaching the Pier, stay right after passing the California Incline; as traffic moves left into the McClure Tunnel, stay in the right-most lane. This will take you directly into Lot 1 North.
● Cost of parking is $15 per entry which can be paid at the parking booth.
● The EV meetup location will be inside Lot 1N.
There will be Route Zero Branding at this location to identify the meet
up area. Attendees can also pay their own way upon arrival at Lot 1N at
the parking booth where there is a $15 entry fee. Attendees are
encouraged to park their vehicles as close to the Route Zero roped off
area as possible.
Beach Parking Lot 1 North Map Directions from Parking to Press Conference Location: Santa Monica Pier (Southwest Corner)
● From Lot 1N to the event site (5-7 minute walk)
There is currently 1 attendee registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
Registered attendees report 4,000 electric miles driven.