Drive Electric Earth Day
Earth Day Celebration at St Peter's
Apr 22, 2023
|Day:||Saturday, April 22, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||1:00 - 5:00 pm PDT|
|Location:||St Peter's Anglican Church
218 Church Street
Comox, BC V9M 2G3
Event ReportThe St Peter's Anglican Church of Comox was the event host at their church and parish hall. Exhibitors included Comox Valley Nature, CV Electric Vehicle Association, CVRegional District/Comox Strathcona, Green Party of BC / Canada, Millard Piercy Water Guardian, Project Watershed, Rails to Trails, Save Our Forest Team, and the Town of Comox. The EV Association brought two Teslas (Ys) and a Chevy Bolt and Spark. Parking was limited and the even indoors on a cold, rainy day, so these cars were not a big part of the event. One very popular part of our booth materials was an EV quiz, which drew almost 100 to try to answer 15 questions. Included were such questions as which manufacturer has sold the most EVs in Canada (Tesla), which country has the highest EV sales (China), and operating costs of an EV as compared to an ICE vehicle are about how much cheaper (1/4).
photo by: Randy Chatterjee
The Comox Valley EV Association shares the message that switching to owning an EV, if you are a regular driver of a car, will reduce your carbon footprint by a third and make you personally complaint with the Paris Climate Accord of 2015 (at least until 2030).
Following an event-rich Earth Week in the valley, the Comox Valley EV Association will present 7 new information boards and a fun quiz for prizes at the biggest local Earth Day event. We will present and are ready to discussion such topics as how EV charging works, what is the etiquette around public EV chargers, what is in an EV battery, and how green are EVs. Come with your questions and learn more about a revolution in transportation. And, answer a short quiz about electric vehicles to win a few great prizes.
This will take place at St Peter's Church in Comox at 218 Church Street from 1:00 to 5:00 PM. The schedule is here:
- 1:00 - 2:30 Information tables and displays, public connecting with groups – tour tents / tables, slide show in Church
- 2:30 - 3:00 Group presentations on the outdoor stage with Q&A - 5 or 6 groups, four minutes presentation, one minute questions
- 3:00 - 3:30 Earth Day Creation Celebration with songs and readings led by Rev Sulin, Rector of St. Peter's
- 3:30 - 4:00 Group presentations on the outdoor stage with Q&A - 5 or 6 groups, four minutes presentation, one minute questions
- 4:00 - 5:00 Church open for tours and videos, slide show in Church
- 4:00 - 5:00 Information tables and displays, public connecting with groups – tour tents / tables.
With limited parking in the immediate area, we will have only a few EVs at the event, and this will include both cars and bicycles.