Drive Electric Earth Day
Sustainable Seaside Earth Day EV Test Ride, Drive, & Display Fair
Apr 23, 2023
|Day:||Sunday, April 23, 2023 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||1:00 - 4:00 pm PDT|
|Location:||Seaside City Hall
440 Harcourt Ave
Seaside, CA 93955
- 2023 Nissan Ariya, 2023 Nissan Leaf, 2023 Kia EV6 and 2023 Kia Niro EV provided by My Nissan/My Kia in Salinas
- 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 6, 2023 Hyundai Ioniq 5, and 2023 Chevrolet Bolt EUV provided by Premier Hyundai and Chevrolet of Seaside
- 2023 BMW iX Electric provided by BMW of Monterey
- 2023 Ford Mustang Mach-e provided by Cypress Coast Ford
- 2023 VinFast VF8 City Edition brought all the way down from VinFast Hillsdale up in San Mateo!
- 2018 Tesla Model 3 provided by volunteer EV hero Michael Saint
- Ecology Action's very own 2022 VW ID.4 Pro fleet vehicle
36 different people went on a collective total of 75 unique test-drives. We did not specifically track the number of passengers riding along, but it is estimated that a majority of the 75 test-drives conducted contained at least one additional passenger. We tracked the number of unique drivers by requiring each driver to sign a waiver and fill out a Pre Test-Drive survey before they could get a green wristband that would allow them to test drive any of the available vehicles. We tracked the number of test drives based on the number of times each car left on a test-drive throughout the day. Each person could only test drive each vehicle once.
- 2 e-motorcycles
- vintage retrofitted electric VW bus
- brand new Ford F-150 Lightning electric pick-up truck
- Nissan Ariya
- Hyundai Kona EV
- Ford Mustang Mach-e
- Ford Escape PHEV
- BMW i3
- and 2 Chevrolet Bolt EVs
- Dave Pacheco, Seaside Mayor Pro Tem, emceed.
- Ian Oglesby, Seaside Mayor, opening remarks.
- Alexis Garcia-Arrazola, Rita Burks, and Alex Miller, Seaside City Council members, were present.
- Wendy Root-Askew, District 4 County Supervisor, gave some remarks.
- John Uy, Bill Ragsdale-Cronin, Kim Shirley - Del Rey Oaks City Council members - participated in the Trashion Show.
- George Riley, Monterey Peninsula Water Management District Board member, participated in the Trashion Show.
- Kristen Molle (Chair) and Laura Murphy, Seaside's Environmental Commissioners, hosted an info booth.
- Bobby Maxwell and Dianne Nielson, Seaside Recreation and Parks Commissioners, hosted an info booth and a tree-planting demo/giveaway.
photo by: Ecology Action
Foreground (from right to left): 2018 Tesla Model 3 (blue), 2022 VW ID.4 Pro (black) Background (from right to left): BMW i3 (black), Chevrolet Bolt EV (blue), Nissan Ariya (tan) Tabling at the booth are Adriana Andrade (Ecology Action Staff) and Sebastien Garbe (Ecology Action Staff).
There are currently 18 attendees registered.
Registered attendees report 13,000 electric miles driven.