Drive Electric Earth Day
Save Money, Love Earth, Drive EV! 省錢、愛地球、電動車！
Apr 27, 2022
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Day:||Wednesday, April 27, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||4:00 - 5:00 pm PDT|
|Panelists:||Clean Vehicle Rebate Project|
|Recording:||view the recorded presentation.|
Local Public Charging
- Happy50plus hosted a "Love Earth, Drive EV" event in Mandarin Chinese on April 27, 2022. 112 older Chinese Americans (about 80% women) attended the event with enthusiasm and high interests. We shared EV 101, how to charge, how to find charging stations with Plug in America app, the Clean Energy and other SCE EV rebate programs for both new and used EVs, and showcased two EV models: one 2016 Mercedes Benz B250e and one 2021 Audi E-Tron. The meeting was scheduled for one hour but because of so many questions, it went over 25 minutes.
- 1. names and titles of any speakers
- Amanda Lee, CEO, Happy50plus--Opening Remarks
- Susan Wang, Volunteer Advisor, Happy50plus--Moderator
- Jin Xu, Clean Transportation Equity Manager, Center for Sustainable Energy--Keynote speaker
- Jenny Zhao, Happy50plus member--Mercedez Benz 250 demo
- Anthony Kang, Sales Manager, Audi of West Covina--E-Tron demo
- 2. Acknowledgment of sponsors, partners and exhibitors
- Plug in America
- SCE International
- Audi of West Covina (sponsor + E-Tron demo)
- 3. link to a recording of your webinar or presentation
- 4. links to videos or other resource material
- Los Angeles Chinese language radio AM1300 & Sino TV interviews to promote the 4/27 event:
- 5. anything you want to share about your event
- Tweet from SCE eMobility Paul Griffo on 4/27/2022:
- Today at 4 pm, @Happy50plusLLC will host online "Love Mother Earth, Drive an EV!" in Mandarin Chinese for people interested in learning more about EVs. We're proud to partner with
photo by: Amanda Lee, CEO, Happy50plus; Susan Wang, Volunteer Advisor of Happy50Plus; Jin Zhu from Center for Sustainable Energy
Jin Xu, Clean Transportation Equity Manager of Center for Sustainable Energy on Chinese language TV to promote the 4/27/2022 Happy50plus "Love Earth, Drive EV" event.
In honor of 2022 Drive Electric Earth Day (DEED), a nationwide celebration of electric vehicles (EVs), Happy50plus will host a fun, interactive, and informative virtual “Save Money, Love Earth, Drive EV” event on April 2027, 2022.
Produced by volunteers of Happy50plus, topics will include EV basics, charging at home, finding charging stations on the roads, and incentive programs. We will also feature a Happy50plus members’ positive experience in driving an EV car in addition to feature EV dealers.
EV experts and sponsor dealers will be available to answer questions. This event is in Mandarin Chinese, catering to older Chinese/AAPI drivers in southern California.
There are currently 82 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||3|
|Kia Niro Electric||2|
|Toyota Prius Prime||2|
|Ford Focus Electric||1|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||1|
|Honda Clarity Battery Electric||1|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Niro Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model S||1|
|Toyota Plug-in Prius||1|
|Volvo XC60 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 476,551 electric miles driven.