Drive Electric Earth Day
Charlotte Earth Day - Drive Electric
Apr 23, 2022
|Day:||Saturday, April 23, 2022 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10:00 am - 3:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||Uptown Charlotte near First Ward Park
219 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28202
- Arrival brought their prototype van to the event.
- We had 4 Rivian R1Ts at the event
- Tesla Model 3 police car
- 2000 Ford Electric pickup truck
- 2 Motorcycle manufactures, Huck and Shandoka
- Plug-in NC had a table and two vehicles
- Platinum Sponsor Wells Fargo had a display
- Food Truck
- Ford Transit (HVAC company's truck)
photo by: Andrew Wojton
Several more photos on Google Drive link. Let me know if you would like to use one. I'll confirm the photographer and use permission. Photos (note the folder named Facebook are not from me, but pulled from Facebook. I could reach out for permission is needed). https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TJNWBSDG8tWl8qdTW97i3bRV_KTQ-JbQ?usp=sharing
is a technology company pioneering a new method of design and production of
affordable, commercial electric vehicles (EVs) in local Microfactories. We
want to power a green transition and make our cities better places to live, by
developing truly sustainable and equitable mobility ecosystems, creating clean
air for communities all over the world.
Arrival's Knowledge Station
Arrival's Knowledge Station is all about electric vehicles (EVs) and zero-carbon transportation. Kids will learn about the differences between EVs and gas-powered vehicles, why EVs are better for the environment and human health, and some alternative forms of zero-carbon transportation. Kids will also get a chance to enter the van and collect packages- just like a delivery driver!
Plug-in NC has been working since 2011 to establish North Carolina as a leader in electric transportation. We are a statewide program that promotes electric driving through education and outreach, consulting and resource development. We also strive to provide a collaborative opportunity for stakeholders to work together to ensure a seamless integration of electric vehicles into our local communities.
Huck Cycles builds electric motorbikes in Cornelius NC. The Rebel, a steel frame bike, and the Overland, an aluminum framed bike that is bolted together are the two current models. Plan on 50 miles of fun on a full charge on these moped class rides.
Shandoka Electric Motorcycles
Shandoka is a Charlotte-born electric motorcycle company that makes it safe and predictable to retrofit existing motorcycles to run on Electricity. These conversion systems pave the way to affordable electric vehicles that fit every lifestyle. After several years of stealth development, they are presenting several unique, new model designs at this year’s Drive Electric Earth Day.
Marshville Police Department
Marshville Police Department will be displaying their Tesla Model 3, one of the first Tesla Model 3s in the country converted for a Police Department. The vehicle entered service back in November 2020 and the town is monitoring the cost savings and will use the data to make informed decisions on their fleet of vehicles in the future.
Wells Fargo (Platinum Sponsor)
· We are proud and excited to be a platinum level sponsor for of Plug in America’s Drive Electric Earth Day events.
· We sponsor events like these as part of our company’s commitment to address climate change. Wells Fargo has been focused on sustainability for many years. Most recently, we announced last year our goal to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050 — including financed emissions.
· Providing education and awareness about electric vehicles (EV) at events like this, as well as providing access to financing for EVs, is one way we are working toward that goal.
There are currently 375 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model Y||14|
|Tesla Model 3||10|
|Tesla Model S||5|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||4|
|Tesla Model X||3|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||2|
|BMW i3 REx||1|
|Ford Fusion Energi||1|
|Hyundai Ioniq 5||1|
|Jeep Wrangler 4xe||1|
|Kia Niro Electric||1|
|Toyota RAV4 Prime 4WD/AWD||1|
|Victory Empulse TT||1|
|Volvo XC90 AWD PHEV||1|
Registered attendees report 1,502,153 electric miles driven.