Drive Electric Earth Day
Affordable EVs: How to Qualify for a Free or Low-Cost EV
Santa Cruz, CA
Apr 24, 2021
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Day:||Saturday, April 24, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10:00 - 11:30 am PDT|
|Audience:||Santa Cruz, CA, Local Area|
|Recording:||view the recorded presentation.|
Cost of Ownership
Event ReportOne of the greatest misconceptions about EVs is that they're too costly and out of reach for moderate and low-income individuals. Our webinar delivers on helping to break down this barrier with streamlining access to incentives, rebates, and buying used and leasing options.
Thank you our sponsors Central Coast Community Energy (3CE), Electrify America, and Access Clean California.
Thank you to our community based organizations, Regeneracion, Greenpower, Community Environmental Council, who work with us to help promote our webinar to their members and network of partners.
Our Affordable EVs webinar was hosted in English with Spanish interpretation.
photo by: Access Clean California
Jaime Ballesteros Kikya
We’ll discuss electric vehicle basics: charging, battery range, new vs. used, and the following financial considerations:
- EV costs are going down and incentives are generous, making these cars a smart financial choice for more families – in many cases even more affordable than a gas car.
- Households making under $104,800 (for a family of 4) can qualify for $14,000 in incentives (which could pay the entire cost of a three-year EV lease) or get a $5,000 grant toward a used EV
- Other incentives are available for drivers of all income levels.
- EV fuel costs the equivalent of $1.50/gallon of gasoline.
- EVs have half the maintenance costs of gasoline vehicles.
- EVs are very fun to drive, convenient to refuel, have zero tailpipe emissions, and reduce carbon pollution by 75-100%.
There are currently 24 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||1|
|Toyota RAV4 EV (2012 and later)||1|
Registered attendees report 147,627 electric miles driven.