Drive Electric Earth Day
Kick Gas! in Annapolis
Apr 17, 2021
|Day:||Saturday, April 17, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||10:00 am - 2:00 pm EDT|
|Location:||Michael E. Busch West Street Annapolis Library
1410 West Street
Annapolis, MD 21401
Our event was purposely small due to limits our hosts, the public library, put on us due to the COVID crisis. The library was open during our event so we pulled in people who were not there initially to see EVs. We lined up the cars in the parking area where the local public utility has installed Level 2 and Level 3 chargers for the library system. We reserved one area strictly for ride and drives, which proved to very popular.
- The representative from the utility (who brought a company Bolt) demonstrated how to plug in at both Level 2 and Level 3 chargers.
- To accompany the in-person show we presented a unique virtual 3-D video tour of a Tesla Model Y electric vehicle that emphasized the benefits of zero-emissions driving on our natural environment. Made with Matterport, a 3-D data platform that creates realistic, fully immersive experiences, the video was the anchor of our event and a remains a lasting information piece on our website and social media. The video was sponsored by the Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County
- Our local drivers’ group (EVADC) was was our partner and provided written information
- Our drivers who had acquired their EVs pre-owned went out of their way to tell their story, emphasizing that EVs are not just for wealthy people
- We had giveaways from our sponsors including posters and t-shirts of the Harley Davidson Live Wire electric motorcycle
- We live-streamed interviews with drivers during the event
- This being Annapolis, one of our sponsors represents a line of electric yachts; a video was running in its booth (and on our website) showing the boats at sea; they held a raffle for a ride on one of their boats
- We had more than 12 different models of EVs
- One driver presented an exhibit and external solar panel showing how an EV can power parts of a home when the grid goes down.
photo by: Elvia Thompson
Our lineup of 30 cars ranged from the Porsche Taycan to a pre-owned Leaf, showing that there's an electric car for every budget.
All attendees and volunteers are required to follow local health guidelines. It is recommended that everyone wear face masks whenever they are within six feet of another person at all Drive Electric Earth Day 2022 events. Please see this information about how to improve how your mask protects you. For more information, see our in-person event safety requirements.
1410 West Street
There are currently 57 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||5|
|Ford Mustang Mach-E||2|
|Nissan Leaf (2018+)||2|
|Hyundai Ioniq Plug-in Hybrid||1|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||1|
|Tesla Model Y||1|
Registered attendees report 839,388 electric miles driven.