Drive Electric Earth Day
Rise of the Gen Z Electric Driver
Apr 15, 2021
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Day:||Thursday, April 15, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||1:00 - 2:00 pm EDT|
|Audience:||New Jersey State|
|Panelists:||Stanislav Jaracz, Nihar Trivedi, Anthony Asuncion, Paige Greenfield, Sara Heller|
|Host:||Central Jersey EAA, RideWise, RVCC|
|Recording:||view the recorded presentation.|
Event Report'Rise of the Gen Z Electric Driver' virtual talk has been recorded for viewing by all ages. This talk was organized by Central Jersey Electric Auto Association in collaboration with host Raritan Valley Community College, Sustainable Somerset, RideWise and student speakers.
This talk is under 1 hour and includes the stories of 3 student EV adopters who share the low cost of ownership and the low maintenance for EV's. They also share their significant savings when driving electric, as opposed to using gas. NJ and federal incentives are reviewed. Charging options and websites are covered. There is info on EV-related jobs and input from an instructor/coordinator for Automotive Technology from host Raritan Valley Community College.
'Rise of the Gen Z Electric Driver' Speakers:
- Dr. Stanislav (Stan) Jaracz of Somerset, founder and president of Central Jersey Electric Auto Association and an advocate of sustainable transportation, renewable energy and circular economy. Drives a 2015 Nissan Leaf.
- Nihar H. Trivedi of Hillsborough, a Carnegie Mellon University freshman and graduate of Hillsborough High School whose goals include pursuing a graduate degree in Bioengineering or a related field and becoming an engineer. Drives a Tesla Model 3 Long Range.
- Paige Greenfield of Lebanon, who earned a bachelor's degree in environmental science at the University of Vermont and is currently taking classes at RVCC and applying for the College’s Nursing program. Drives a 2011 Chevy Volt (plug-in hybrid).
- Anthony Asuncion of Hamilton, a junior member of CJEAA and a senior at Allentown High School. Drives a 2020 Nissan Leaf SV.
- Sara Heller of Rockaway, an Instructor/coordinator of Automotive Technology at Raritan Valley Community College who has also taught in NY.
If you'd like to view some or all of this EV talk please click on the link below:
photo by: Stan Jaracz
Pictures and titles of speakers featured in Rise of The Gen Z Electric Driver, presented virtually on April 15, 2021 as part of Drive Electric Earth Day.
All ages are welcome to join us to explore the many benefits of driving plug-in electric vehicles! We'll be hearing from student electric vehicle (EV) drivers and other EV advocates in this webinar.
We hope you'll enjoy this exciting interactive virtual program prepared by Central Jersey Electric Auto Association/CJEAA in collaboration with guest student speakers, Raritan Valley Community College and RideWise. This program was customized for students, with lots of info for all generations on what's to love about driving electric and why EV drivers won't go back to gas!
What will you learn:
- How each of us can be a good steward of our Planet
- EV basics, incentives, cost of ownership
- Ways to participate in the new Green Jobs Future
- How to become an EV advocate and stay connected
Stanislav Jaracz, PhD, President Central Jersey EAA
Nihar Trivedi, Student, Carnegie Mellon
Paige Greenfield, Student, RVCC
Anthony Asuncion, Junior Member, Central Jersey EAA
Sara Heller, Automotive Tech Instructor, RVCC
There are currently 50 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Hyundai KONA Electric||3|
|Honda Clarity Plug-in Hybrid||2|
|Tesla Model 3||2|
|Toyota Prius Prime||2|
|Audi A3 e-tron||1|
|Porsche Cayenne S E-Hybrid||1|
Registered attendees report 272,325 electric miles driven.