Drive Electric Earth Day
Apr 24, 2021
|Day:||Saturday, April 24, 2021 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||1:00 pm (America/Los_Angeles)|
|Location:||Sechelt - Mermaid & Inlet Roads
Sechelt, BC V0N 3A0
Please arrive at or just a bit before 1 pm at the corner of Inlet and Mermaid (the corner with the Pharmacy and the Alternative School, just south of the Post Office). Watch for the SCEVA tent! You’ll be directed to marshal past the tent on Mermaid. Please do NOT get out of your vehicles and be mindful to not block local resident’s access while we get everyone organized.
We have an FM transmitter to communicate in a COVID-restrictions friendly way! To hear from us, just tune your radio to 102.3FM. (For those who can’t access the FM radio – yes, some EV’s don’t have FM tuners any longer! – let us know as you arrive and we’ll have someone come over to see you before departure.)
1. We’ll depart shortly after 1 pm along Mermaid, across Trail to Ocean, where we’ll turn left, and then turn left onto Cowrie.
2. Drive along Cowrie waving
and showing your SCEVA signs and buttons (hint, we’ll be providing these – and
3. Turn right at lights (just past All for Pets) and travel along the Highway for about 30 km
4. Turn left onto Madeira Park Road
5. Turn left onto Lagoon Road — just past Madeira Park Elementary School
6. Turn left onto Francis Peninsula Road
7. Turn right onto Sunshine Coast Highway
8. Turn right onto Redrooffs Road
9. Turn right onto Sunshine Coast Highway - travelling back to Sechelt where we will end the drive
BTW, please try your best to keep up with the EV in front of you, but don't worry if you get separated. Those in the lead will do their best to slow down or stop occasionally to allow everyone to catch up.
Please take note of and abide by the following Safety Plan (COVID and otherwise!)
a) Please bring masks and, ideally, sanitizer in your EV.
b) Please either wear your masks or show people along the route that you have them with you. (We need all spectators to understand we are being totally responsible.)
c) Please do NOT get out of your cars except in an emergency. If you do need to get out of your vehicle, PLEASE wear your mask.
d) We have not planned for any stops along the way or in Madeira Park to abide by COVID-19 restrictions.
e) Always drive safely! If something goes awry, please pull over and do what you can to repair/ fix things.
We are delighted to offer a very special gift for those that participate in this event. The first SCEVA product of 2021 - the very special and already coveted SCEVA logo’d triple-layer mask! Each vehicle will receive one mask and, while supplies last, extras are available for purchase at $15 each.
SUNSHINE COAST ELECTRIC VEHICLE ASSOCIATION
Leading the Charge!