Drive Electric Earth Day
Electric Vehicle Tribute
Apr 22, 2020
|Note:||This is an online only event with no physical location.|
|Day:||Wednesday, April 22, 2020 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the Attend page.|
|Time:||2 pm EDT/11 am PDT|
|Audience:||United States National|
Join us in celebrating fifty years of Earth Day! In recognition of the fact that it's not safe for us to celebrate Earth Day face-to-face in our communities, we are transitioning the second annual Drive Electric Earth Day to an exciting virtual tribute.
- A live musical performance
- Informative guest speakers talking about their experiences owning and driving electric vehicles
- Environmental activist, race car driver, and documentary filmmaker Leilani Münter
- Auto Columnist, The Wall Street Journal Dan Neil
- Former member of the California State Legislature Hon. Lloyd Levine (ret.)
- Information about why electric vehicles are better for the environment than vehicles fueled by gasoline
- Fast demo on finding charging stations away from home
- Fun videos and more!
Join us via Facebook Live to attend this exciting event. Logistical note: You do NOT need to have a Facebook account to join this event.
Public health is at the forefront of many people's minds right now, just as it was 50 years ago on the first Earth Day. Back then, leaded gasoline burned from wildly inefficient cars was accepted as the cost of doing business. Thankfully, Earth Day 1970 arose, giving a voice to a growing urgency to take actions that protected our planet. That moment is not unlike today, when youth leaders are rising to demand we take action on climate change.
Transportation is the leading cause of greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S., with light-duty vehicles accounting for the majority of those. Drive Electric Earth Day highlights the need to transition from gasoline-fueled vehicles to clean transportation, including plug-in electric vehicles, in order to reduce the effects of climate change and protect public health.
Mark your calendar on Earth Day, Wednesday, April 22 at 2pm ET/11am PT for this entertaining and informative event!
There are currently 1561 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||2|
Registered attendees report 18,000 electric miles driven.
In the News…