Drive Electric Earth Day
Quincy • Apr 27, 2019
|Day:||Saturday, April 27, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||1PM - 4PM|
Faxon Park Road
Quincy, MA 02169
The event was coordinated with the Quincy Environmental Network's Earth Day hike through Faxon Park.
Folks who came to the hike also stopped to see the ev's, ask questions and go on test drives.
We also had Green Energy Consumers Alliance present to answer questions about their Drive Electric EV discount program.
Other non-profit organizations present were the Quincy Fair Trade Task Force and Quincy Climate Action Network.
8 EV owners registered on the DEED event page and 17 people showed up with their EV's.
We also had a cut away 2010 Toyota Prius and an electric pedal assist bike on site which drew visitors in.
Earth Day coloring posters, crayons and pinwheels were handed out to the children which kept them busy while their parents asked questions.
It was a great family event and provided a networking opportunity for Quincy residents interested in creating and celebrating a cleaner greener Earth.
photo by: John J. Fitzmaurice
Shelly Dein, City of Quincy's Energy and Sustainability Director talks to Earth Day Event visitors about the city's Electric Vehicle initiatives while other visitors check out the mechanical and electrical components of a cutaway 2010 Toyota Prius hybrid.
The Quincy Environmental Network (QEN) is organizing an Earth Day Celebration at Faxon Park on Saturday, April 27 from 1PM to 4PM.
- QEN will be leading walks through the park's many trails (easy, medium, and challenging levels).
- Green Energy Consumers Alliance will be in attendance to answer questions about their Drive Green, Green Powered, Discount Heating Oil Service, Solar Power and Advocacy efforts.
- Other Environmental Groups and members of the City of Quincy's Department of Energy and Sustainability will be discussing their goals and initiatives.
- Electric vehicle owners will be showing their vehicles and answering questions about EV ownership, incentives, and rebates available for owners and lessees.
- Local automobile dealerships will be displaying their all electric and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles and offering test drives at the event. EV's committed so far: 2018 Nissan LEAF, 2019 Chevrolet Bolt EV, and 2019 Chevrolet Volt. (The EV list will be updated as we receive commitments from dealerships.)
- We will also have a Cutaway Toyota Prius on display to show visitors how a hybrid vehicle is constructed.
Stop by to learn more about driving electric in a non-sales environment.
The rain date will be April 28th, same time.
There are currently 13 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||2|
|Tesla Model X||1|
Registered attendees report 108,688 electric miles driven.