Drive Electric Earth Day - Palo Alto
|Day:||Saturday, April 13, 2019 NOTE: this event has already happened, find current-year events on the events page.|
|Time:||10 am - 1 pm|
Baylands Athletic Center
1900 Geng Rd.
Palo Alto, CA 94303
Acterra conducted it's 3rd annual EV expo and test ride/drive event for the City of Palo Alto's Earth Day Festival on April 19, 2019. Nine different makes/models were provided for driving and viewing. The Tesla Owners of Silicon Valley provided a number of vehicles, as well as a hospitality tent and refreshments. Our many EV owners displayed a universal “pride of ownership” that provided an upbeat, exciting buzz to the event. Acterra and the City of Palo Alto staff provided handouts about available models and financial incentives. ChargePoint provided information about EV incentives and charging equipment. The Tesla Model 3 continued to be the most popular model for test drives, followed by the Tesla S and Hyundai Kona. A Tesla X owner provided a fitting conclusion to the event with a specially choreographed!
Powerflex provided a level 2 home charger as a raffle item, and the winners sent us this quote after the event:
“Acterra's Ride N Drive was fantastic! Having the chance to talk with EV ambassadors like Greg and Pat helped us sort out our options and needs. We quickly realized that for 90% of our driving, we don't need the range the Bolt provides; for the other 10%, we can rent a car or drive my Prius…We're now the happy drivers of a used Nissan Leaf. Winning the Powerflex Level Two charger was icing on the cake. Thanks, Acterra!”
photo by: Acterra
Electric Vehicle Test Drives - Come and Get 'Em!
One small thing you can do for Earth Day
Want to do something nice for the planet for Earth Day? Come test drive an electric vehicle and discover how the EV lifestyle can greatly reduce your personal CO2 emissions. Then stay for the many activities taking place at the City’s Earth Day Festival. Honor the earth while celebrating Earth Day – a win win!BMW Group USA Technology Office employees proudly display a BMW i3 at Acterra's September 16 Ride & Drive event.
There are currently 25 attendees registered.
Owners of These Vehicles Have Registered To Attend
|Tesla Model 3||4|
|Tesla Model S||3|
|Nissan Leaf (2011-2017)||2|
|Kia Soul EV||1|
|Other Plug-In Vehicle||1|
|Tesla Model X||1|
Registered attendees report 296,714 electric miles driven.